Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

An acrylic crown was put on my #14 root canal tooth, worse,

Customer Question

An acrylic crown was put on my #14 root canal tooth, worse, the tip of the root canal was left (YES) EXPOSED! i have pictures that show the wunder exposed tip of the root intot he upper palate of my mouth.
I have not had any pain in the tooth prior, just a tiny sensitivty as it needed grafting. but it seems no one want to graft what one DDS missed.... SO the crown was shoved WAY up into the roof of my mouth. Two month of discomfort followed it seems into DARK blackened tissue on the side on the outer side of the tooth ( I have pictures if you need)..Between toradol ( amazing stuff) and penicillin 10 from urgent care,. I though I was fine.
A week 1/2 later i see black spot & discomfort in the back outter side of that #14 tooth the cheeks back area . But at one point the pictures show like a PEAR shape tissue hanging behind the darkened tooth. and I have a blackl spot on the back of th are. I just took a couple advio today. a new dds wanted to put a crown on it--- NO way -TOO soon. I told him his dental pic do not show what mine do--- the black spots. So( sorry if that was too long)... do you think a 2nd rd of antibiotics i maybe this time amoxicillin?? no one will graft my teeth because of the surgeon that failed to do it,- right.
IM really screwed! even=yone say its need to be done then wont do it!
thank you for your time!!
Mark..
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Any other medical problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im confused with all this other offer . I paid in the beginning, what is the 28? I can't access the inital answer
Thanks for this reply.
Don't worry about the extra offer.
I read your post.
So is your question what you should have done now or should you go after the offending DDS?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well, I would appreciate your thoughts on both , if you don't mind But not being a dds the ;later may not be something your comfortable with:) Im trying to show one of several pics. that show the TWO black spots ( my back tooth mouth area)
. Im also concern about that pear shape pink thing behind the tooth ( this is all re #14)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
post konquist photo> is the crown the acrylic hand made ( not typical temp crown ) they SHOVED up there ( after telling me the entire #13 implant neede to be pulled out and re grafted( the tooth next door.. But NO onw ill graft ( because it was missed by the prio surgeon,, THIS IA A NIGHTMARE(I am a rookie stock broker- and Im barely sleeping No way to trade money!)
a few pic show the REAL actual root canal- ROOT TIP!! YES> OUTSIDE the actual #14 temp crown( the root canal WAS HEALTHY just receeded up in the roof of my mouth,.. as from 2011 panorex show Big need for grafting in #13 I know get by t not getting grafted it retracted #14. ( I hop this helps you:).. so you can see the back temp.. and then it caused HUGE swelling in the bone GUM line,.. and then it seemed I THNK to abcess, but the tiisue just above the tooth where you see that OUTTER side of the tooth TWO roots into the upper bone mouth ITs all STILL swollen. the most rcent DDS in an attempt to cover this all up only showed me pic of the Iinner side that looks white & good BUT now=t this side & this side you can see( if I can download the pic-sorry) the black spots. I cannot GENUINELY thank you enough. I am willing to pay more I just did not understand why.. or how at the time.)
mark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i added a recent panorex... I do not mind paying more than the original request. I dont expect something for nothing.
1) Can a panorex show any decay in a tooth ??
2) or is decay only seen in an XRAY?
I waiting for the most recent #14 x ray taken last week out of state.
Thanks again
my sincerest thanks
Its really sad, when you don't have any one to help you because No one want to be the one to actually FIX( document what should be done),.. but there all willing to inform you!
I would not care to sue a DR if some one else would fix me!!!..and RIGHT the first time,.. But hey thats not how alot of people thinkl.-- butsthat is How I do- JUST me FIXI ME is the MAIN objective here and knowing WHAT to ask for..
Mark W
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Mark,
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
I see that your expert has opted out.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Let me go over your questions in order:
1. Panorex can show decay in a tooth in many cases.
2. Decay can, of course, be seen on bite wing xrays.
3. You may need another course of antibiotics. a C&S would help the doctor to choose the best medication for you.
You might want to go to a Dental School for your future treatment.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS