Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

About two week ago I had a root canal extraction and bone

Customer Question
Hi. About two week ago...
Hi. About two week ago I had a root canal extraction and bone graft done on my lower left molar. Everything was healing well when I went back to have the stitches removed. Three days ago I started experiencing lots of pain on that side. Also noticed a swollen lymph node on that same side. I went back to the dentist yesterday and he said everything was fine, gave me antibiotics and said to take them. Okay, well the pain has spread to my left temple to the point where it feels like my left eye is swollen. He said all of this was normal. Is it normal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
7/9/2015
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.Was all of this work done on the lower molar.Did you have a root canal,an extraction or both? Did you have any work done on the upper teeth?
I am going to sign off for the night but I will get back to you in the morning to check your response.I wake up early.
I would be happy to help you but I need some additional information.If you could provide the answers to my questions,it will help me assist you.
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine