Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Renninger, ive had dental problems since i was 14. i had to

Customer Question
hi my name is *****...
hi my name is ***** ***** ive had dental problems since i was 14. i had to pull my braces off because my father didnt want to take me to the dentist. i managed to take all of the rings of my teeth that hold the brace wire, all except one. i cant take it off because the tooth its on has a crown on it. that is a major issue as well as 2 of my wisdom teeth have been chipping and turning black. i also have an abssess which i think is rotting my two teeth. i know its very dangerous but i cant help but to drain the abssess when it is ready. i know not to swallow the poison. i am no longer covered by medicaid and the good semeratan no longer does free wisdom extractions. i would go to the dentist but its so hard to come by any good source of income to allow me to fix all this, i just had a son so you could imagine all my time and energy goes in to caring and providing for him. i dont know what to do and feel like i have no other option than to pretty much suffer untill i get the money.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
7/8/2015
Dentist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
any other medical issues?
what is your question about this?
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Hello Naxy,

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

From what you describe, you do need dental care sooner rather than later. I also understand that fiances are bit of a problem right now.

I think you would be interested in affordable dental treatment at the moment. Let me suggest a few alternatives to you (provided you live in the USA) :

1. Try to contact the local dental society in your area and see if there are any charitable organizations or foundations that will do your treatment for a reduced fee.

You can find the contact information of your local dental society by visiting :

http://ebusiness.ada.org/mystate.aspx

2. Consider getting treatment from a dental school near you . The charges are lesser than those charged by a private practioner.

Here is a link with the list of all the dental schools in the USA:

http://www.dentalsite.com/dentists/densch.html

3. Here is a website that lists dental offices that offer free and discounted clinics all across the country. Search for one in your area. Read each listing carefully as restrictions apply to some of the listed outlets.

http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/

4. One other option is to apply for CareCredit financing; their relaxed credit requirements facilitate payments for dental service that might otherwise not fit comfortably into your budget. You can refer to the CareCredit web site, which also has a directory for participating dentists. See: http://www.carecredit.com/

I really hope one of these options work out for you!

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist