Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Is a new composite filling suppose to feel like a cement

Customer Question
block in your mouth basically?...
Is a new composite filling suppose to feel like a cement block in your mouth basically?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
6/28/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

A well done composite filling should not even be noticed by the patient after the first 24 hours.

if your composite filling feels like a cement block, then there is something wrong with the filling. Please see your dentist ASAP.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

I went and she said to give it 2 weeks
The feeling of it being a cement block won't go away in two weeks.
The filling needs to be looked at again.
Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.
Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!
Regards, *****
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist