Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a sensation of feeling something stuck between my

Customer Question
teeth after having 2 fillings...
I have a sensation of feeling something stuck between my teeth after having 2 fillings done next to each other. Even though I can floss it still feels like something is there. I was told the nerve has to calm down..it's been over a week
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
6/28/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Feeling like something is stuck between your teeth and a nerve calming down have nothing to do with each other.

This can be a proximal overhang (this means the fillings have not been properly contoured and are encroaching on the gums). please ask your dentist fr X rays. A proximal overhand can be diagnosed on a X ray. if found, the fillings will have to be re-contoured or red-done.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist