Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

How does it take for your mouth to adjust to new fillings?

Customer Question
How long does it take...
How long does it take for your mouth to adjust to new fillings? Especially if one had composite fillings overflowed an stuck to gum causing irritation for 2 weeks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dental
6/28/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 3 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

If the fillings are perfectly done, then you should get used to them is less than 24 hours. You shouldn't even notice that they are there after a day or two.

But if there is a problem:

• Decay is completely removed
  • Excessively deep filling
  • Improperly contoured (like in your case)

then your mouth will never really get used to them. They will have to be professionally re-done.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Can it cause this problem even though the tooth below it was removed and it's not touching anything else in my mouth?

Yes it can still cause a problem. Fillings need to be contoured not only to have perfect contracts with opposite teeth, but also within the tooth and with the adjacent teeth.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Is oil pulling good to do?

Im sorry I do not understand your reply. Did you mean to say "oil pulling" or something else?

Regards,

Dr. Behere

Oil pulling with coconut oil is it good to do in your mouth?

No it will not help. Please don't try such home remedies, see a dentist .

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere