Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have an abscess tooth that I am going to the dentist to…

Customer Question
I have an abscess tooth...
I have an abscess tooth that I am going to the dentist to see about on. Tuesday. Anyway I am having numbness in a tooth that is close to it that is healthy. Is this normal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
6/27/2015
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Just Dental Truths!
Hello! I'll do my best to answer your question.
Where is the abscessed tooth located? Also, just curious, "how" do you know the tooth is actually numb?
The above questions will better allow me to answer you in full & more accurately.
Thank you
It is on the upper teeth first molar on the right. Because my tooth feels like when freezing comes out.
The tooth that is numb isn't the tooth that is abssessed.
It is one of my front teeth that is numb.
Hi. I've got to run, so sorry! I'm going to opt out, and another Dentist will be able to answer your concerns.
Is someone going to help me
Dentist: Dr Matthew Kremser, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr Matthew Kremser
Dr Matthew Kremser, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Yes, an abscess can cause numbness in other teeth in the same quadrant (upper right and left, lower right and left). This happens when the infection grows and applies pressure on a nerve in the area. Once the infection is treated with an antibiotic and extraction/or root canal, the numbness will resolve!