Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My 16 year old boys gums are swelling. Why and what do we…

Customer Question
My 16 year old boys...
My 16 year old boys gums are swelling. Why and what do we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
He's 16. 6ft 2. Normal weight. No allergies. Alerted me late last night that his 3-4 front , top right teeth gums were swelling. Today it's spread to the back of those teeth and now it's a few other teethe gum and the roof of his mouth. No fever, good appetite. No breathing problems. No potatoe chips or anything irritated the area. What's making his gums swell and what can we do to stop it. He's been through puberty (physically). Had his growth spurt at age 11
6/27/2015
Dentist: Dr. SH, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Since how long is he having these symptoms?
Are the gums tender as well?
Do he have any other symptoms?
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine