Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have an orange tongue for last two-three days and a very

Customer Question
bad taste in my mouth...
I have an orange tongue for last two-three days and a very bad taste in my mouth. What caused that and what I need to do to try to fix it?
Thank you so much!
Suma
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
6/25/2015
Dentist: Dr Matthew Kremser, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr Matthew Kremser
Dr Matthew Kremser, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Many things can cause colorations on your tongue-but ultimately, tongue hygiene is the key to changing it or preventing it. You need to brush your tongue several times a day or use a tongue scraper. Also, begin using Listerine 2 x daily for 3 weeks and assess your tongue at that point.

Nothing serious though!

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine