How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 11279
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr. Rick, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter had an anuyerism burst in her head 10 years ago,

Customer Question

My daughter had an anuyerism burst in her head 10 years ago, she needs a root canal done. Unfortunately, she is paralyzed on her left side but has feeling through out her left side. She is in a Nursing Home and has been since the anuyerism. She has Medicaid. She has been i n pain since Mar 2015. Can anyone help or can you recommend? She may need to go to a hospital to have this done.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Nursing home sent her to Corner Dental twice they refused her because they say she can not open her mouth wide enough nor can she adjust herself in the chair like they want her to.***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.It sounds like your daughter is going to have to go under general anesthesia to get her root canal done.Have you also considered the possibility of just having the tooth pulled? This is a much simpler procedure and something that a DDS who is used to working with disabled patient would be able to do. Another option is to take your daughter to a Teaching Dental School. At such as place as that they would be fully equipped and trained to work with your daughters physical issues and get the job done. There are dental schools all over the country and I am sure that there is one near your daughter. Does this make sense to you?Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;) It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS

Related Dental Questions