Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

The gums on my four top front teeth are throbbing so much I…

Customer Question
My name is***** gums on...
My name is***** gums on my four top front teeth are throbbing so much I can't stop thinking about it. It has been going on for awhile. These gums are also mildly receding. Are my gums receding because of an infection or because of something else? I just spoke with my periodontist a moment ago and he claims that I have throbbing and pain in my gums due to bruxism since he sees no signs of infection – despite receding my gums appear to be pink and healthy. My concern is that I was aggressively using a Waterpik (level 8 out of 10) to help my gums. Is it possible that I ‘’pushed’’ bacteria far up into my gum line? I believe that I do have an infection also because I have been testing my PH levels and every time the level is at PH 5.5; I feel the high acidity in my mouth this is another sign of infection. Another possible sign of infection, I have been alternating between using Peridex and salt water with a dental syringe between my teeth really alleviates the pa
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine