How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Just Dental Truths! Your Own Question
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 1024
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Just Dental Truths! is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dental phobia and have not visited a dental

Customer Question

I have a dental phobia and have not visited a dental professional for years. I have a developed a large lump on my gums outside of a tooth. How serious is this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 2 years ago.
Ma'am, it sounds like it is what we would call a dental abscess (infection).
It can be taken care of by most any General Dentist. Generally, if abscessed, either the tooth would need to be extracted or have a root canal, both of which would alleviate the tooth from having possible future problems and or pain, etc. I hope this helps you!
Please feel free to ask any additional follow up questions or concerns if needed - alright?
Dr. Rampton

Related Dental Questions