Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have some kind of lesion on the roof of my mouth above my

Customer Question

I have some kind of lesion on the roof of my mouth above my teeth. It's been there for a few days and it's very tender.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 2 years ago.

To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Regards,
Dr. Behere
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://imgur.com/mNL9uzb
Here it is. Can we make sure this thread is marked private?

Sorry for the late reply.

I have seen your photo, and yes this thread is private, no one on the internet can see this photo other than dental experts on this website.

Unfortunately, the appearance of the lesion is very non-specific. I would put my provisional diagnosis as:

- simple stomatitis due to a local reaction to a chemical (a reaction to spicy foodstuff or vinegar )
- erosive lichen planus
-pemphigus

None of these are dangerous, but will require a biopsy and immunofluoresence testing for confirmation.

If you stay near a dental school, I suggest you visit the Orofacial Pain/Oral Medicine department there .A full assessment is required to eliminate any underlying cause.

If not, please see an Oral Surgeon for the biopsy. Meanwhile, do not rinse with salt water. get a local anesthetic gel from the pharmacy and apply it to the lesion.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere
-