Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Spot on top of tongue that bleeds easily

Customer Question
white spot on top of...
white spot on top of tongue that bleeds easily
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dental
6/8/2015
Dentist: Dr Matthew Kremser, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 3 years ago
Dr Matthew Kremser
Dr Matthew Kremser, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
I can help you today... any possibility of a photo?
thank you. I've attached the red dot in middle is almost like a hole and it bleeds a lot occassionaly
Not the best photo but I will say that any visible lesion on your tongue that bleeds easily should definitely be seen by a dentist. Most lesions turn out to be nothing serious, so please don't panic, but it can be serious so don't delay. Smoking, alcohol are risk factors for oral cancer, but don't have to be present for issues to arise. Again, most likely harmless, but you need this checked and possibly biopsied.