Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Had my wisdom tooth pull out on wed.the 3rd of june n today…

Customer Question
Had my wisdom tooth pull...
Had my wisdom tooth pull out on wed.the 3rd of june n today is the 8th of june n i'm still hurting, do you know why its still hurting?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
i'm in pain should I go to the hospital
6/8/2015
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Just Dental Truths!
sorry you are having troubles!
If you are out of pain meds altogether, you could go to the emergency room - but it generally costs a lot, and the biggest problem is they do not have Dentists on staff. The Physicians can write you a prescription & that is about the extent of what you can expect from an emergency care facility/hospital.
If you CAN make it till tomorrow, you could call up your Dentist & he can see you, rinse it and do anything further to alleviate pain (eugenol dressings, etc.), together with writing you a new pain med prescription.
Lastly, this will tend to help (with time), try to rinse every 4-6 hours with warm water. It will clean the extraction site better, where food can build up & possibly be causing some of the sensitivity/pain.
I know this will go away for you soon. I just hope it's really soon!
Best wishes to you... Hang in there ( - :
Dr. Rampton
Thank yo so much Dr. Ramptom, if pain get to much for me but they are guna try to call n a precription for me for the pain till i go see the deentistThank you so much doctor, I call my dentist n they said if my pain get to much for me to go to the hospital but they are guna see me Wednesday n till then they are guna call in a prescription for me meanwhile n that guna e till tomorrow.
Oh, you are very welcome!
It sounds like a new prescription is in the works then. I indeed hope you begin quickly to feel better!!!
I wish you the very best... Please "DO "rat" my question, when you are satisfied with your answer - OK? Than you.
Dr. Rampton
Best wishes to you Elaine!
Thank you!!!
Please DO "rate" my question, if you would alright ?
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist