Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have 3 implants currently in the upper anterior maxilla.

Customer Question
of the four teeth i...
i have 3 implants currently in the upper anterior maxilla. of the four teeth i have one natural tooth and 3 implants. my dentist is telling me that the natural tooth may not be good. is it okay to have 4 implants for each of the 4 upper front teeth or are there better options if the natural tooth has to be extracted. i am thinking that maybe 4 implants in such a small area is too much and may cause sinus problems or other related problems. do you think 4 implant on the 4 four front upper teeth is okay or would there be simpler options like a bridge? Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dental
6/2/2015
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 3 years ago
Just Dental Truths!
Hello! I'll do my best to answer your question!
Sir, I would see what the Dentist who did the 3 implants for you would suggest - if that is possible to see him or her, and get their opinion, as the foremost authority here.
Here is why. A bridge would undoubtedly be fine or good or better, perhaps great! But, if there is ample room for yet another implant where the root of the tooth is which needs extracting? I'm of a strong opinion, that using the same Dental personnel to evaluate, and assuming there is room (there likely "will be"), then they could use the same lab, and same brand of implant, and same techniques, etc. And, I don't want to make this sound too complicated - but the same hands doing the work, & with the same materials will tend to give you a much more desirable & esthetic front four teeth that will ALL look harmonious & at their very best!
Sometimes, a second set of hands working on such a situation, will inadvertently give you a 4th tooth which looks just a tid-bit off from the rest...
I hope the above makes sense. Please let me know if you should have any additional concerns - OK?
Dr. Rampton
Does the above makes sense Sir?