Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I broke a tooth about 3 months ago. Shortly after I had

Customer Question
started with a green mucus...
I broke a tooth about 3 months ago. Shortly after I had started with a green mucus discharge from my nose. I was put on antibiotics twice, but have still had it for 3 months. Can this be caused by the broken tooth. it is the 5th to the right on top. I tried to see a dentist, but because of my BP they wouldn't pull it
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 3 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.
No, a discharge from the nose rarely has anything to do with teeth. It is more likely a coincidental nose infection.
The only possibility where there is discharge from the nose related to the oral cavity is when during an extraction of upper teeth, the lining of the maxillary sinus gets ruptured leading to a condition called as Oro-Antral Fistula. And then too, the discharge from the nose is only when liquids are consumed by the patient. Since there is a patent opening between the sinus(nose) and the oral cavity, whatever is consumed, dribbles out through the nose.
I suggest you see a ENT specialist for your nose.
Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.
Good Luck !
Regards,
Dr. Behere