Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I got battery acid on my teeth what do i do will it hurt my…

Customer Question
I got battery acid on...
I got battery acid on my teeth what do i do will it hurt my teeth
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
5/30/2015
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
I would like to get a positive rating from you so if you are not completely satisfied with my answers please let me know. Thanks!
Hi, it appears that you have done the right thing to prevent any problems. Immediate treatment is what is needed in order to avoid any damage to gums or teeth. The enamel on your teeth is very strong and hard to permeate and if you were able to remove the battery acid quickly there should be no problems going forward.
Did you burn you gum tissue when this happened?
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor