How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Bornfeld, DDS Your Own Question
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 5756
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Mark Bornfeld, DDS is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just came from the dentist. I have been

Customer Question

.I just came from the dentist. I have been having an area of roughness along my gum line, where a crown was put in 2014. At that time, I thought it was an area of cement that oozed out of the crown when it was inserted. I mentioned it, but nothing was spotted. My tongue is constantly rubbing the area. Today, the hygenist looked at it and took exrays. The area seems to be coming on the outside of my gums, also. My dentist is on vacation and will be back this weekend and will call me then. What do you think this is?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 2 years ago.
To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area as well as the x rays here?
You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your images:
Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like and copy-paste the URL of the images here.
Dr. Behere
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no exrays to show you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess I can consider this a loss. It was stupid of me to fall for it.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 2 years ago.
This is not a scam.
If you dont have x rays or photos, I will opt out so that another expert can venture to answer your question.
Dr. Behere