Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I just came from the dentist. I have been having an area of

Customer Question
I just came from the...
I just came from the dentist. I have been having an area of roughness along my gum line, where a crown was put in 2014. At that time, I thought it was an area of cement that oozed out of the crown when it was inserted. I mentioned it, but nothing was spotted. My tongue is constantly rubbing the area. Today, the hygenist looked at it and took exrays. The area seems to be coming on the outside of my gums, also. My dentist is on vacation and will be back this weekend and will call me then. What do you think this is?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
5/29/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area as well as the x rays here?
You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your images: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the images here.
Regards,
Dr. Behere
I have no exrays to show you.
I guess I can consider this a loss. It was stupid of me to fall for it.
This is not a scam.
If you dont have x rays or photos, I will opt out so that another expert can venture to answer your question.
Regards,
Dr. Behere
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine