Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have 3 top top front implants. that were done in november.

Customer Question
I know that they are...
I have 3 top top front implants. that were done in november. I know that they are ready to get posts and caps( as confirmed by my oral sur). My question is that my gums are still tender and sore around all three iimplants I was wondering if that area should also feel completely healed before i start with caps and posts which might in flame the area more. Should i give the area(gums) more time to heal before i proceeed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/23/2015
Dentist: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Hi--besides the tenderness are those areas of your gums swollen and/or red?
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine