Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I've noticed a small bubble - it looks kind of like a pimple

Customer Question
- on my gum. The...
I've noticed a small bubble - it looks kind of like a pimple - on my gum. The area is not sensitive at all but should I be worried that it's due to an abscess? I am going to see a dentist as soon as possible (within a few weeks) but if it is an abscess, how worried should I be about it travelling to my brain before I see the dentist?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
5/15/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.
For me to give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.
Regards, *****
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine