Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have some rough areas inside of both of my cheeks. I went

Customer Question
I have some rough areas...
I have some rough areas inside of both of my cheeks. I went to the Dentist and he wasn't to concerned. I also went to urgent care as I haven't been feeling well and was told I have a sinus infection. In addition I have a lot of mucus which never seems to go away. I am a worry wart and of course I am still worried about this as I have been taking antibiotics and still feel not so great all the time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
5/12/2015
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
I would like to get a positive rating from you so if you are not completely satisfied with my answers please let me know. Thanks!
Hi, sorry you are not feeling so great and hopefully I will be to relieve your worries about the roughness on the inside of your cheeks.
If you can upload a photo it would help in the diagnosis.
You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,
You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,
OR you can use a photo hosting site like: , https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.
You can also email me directly at ***@******.***. If you do please let me know through the website that you have done this because I do not get notified if that was done.
Thanks.
I emailed the photos
Thanks for the excellent photo.
Your dentist is correct that you have nothing to be concerned about with the rough patches because all they are are keratinized tissue from chewing and eating that occur normally when the inner cheeks are rubbed or abraded when eating. Similar to a callous forming elsewhere on your body and it is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.
Hope this helps ease your concerns?
Thank you!
You are very welcome.
When you have the time please rate my answer so that I can get credit for our conversation.
Thanks.
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor