Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My back upper wisdom tooth is rubbing and gouging my cheek!

Customer Question
What can I do?...
My back upper wisdom tooth is rubbing and gouging my cheek! What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
5/6/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

im sorry but at home, there is very little you can do. Either the wisdom tooth needs to come out, or the sharp edges of its cusps need to be smoothened (Selective Coronoplasty).

For now, you can take some cotton/gauze and cover the sharp tooth edges with it. Until you can get to a dentist.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist