Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I am wondering what options there are to correct overbites…

Customer Question
I am wondering what options...
I am wondering what options there are to correct overbites besides Invisalign and braces. I have a massive overbite in my right front teeth. It extends over the right side of my lower jaw. I am looking for an option that isn't obvious, besides Invisalign, if such an alternative exists.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dental
5/1/2015
Dentist: Dr. Peel, Dentist replied 3 years ago
Dr. Peel
Dr. Peel, Dentist

Hello I am Dr. Peel and I will try my best to answer your question.

You say you have a 'massive' overbite so options that are not visible and extensive are not an option here sadly.

You are young so you should address this now as things can get more and more difficult with age.

One of the things I have particularly taken notice of lately and have studied extensively are the new methods for fast orthodontics.The newer technology for adult orthodontics is very modern, works fast and can correct overbites with less down time than before.

Look up "fast braces" or 'six month smiles" and find a dentist in your area who does that and make an appointment for a look see. You might be surprised..

The only other alternative, if it even applies to your case, is surgical intervention. Even that would entail some bracing after the surgery and would be quite expensive.

Anything specific I can help with further?

I wish I could send a photo, I might be exaggerating calling the overbite "massive". 6 month smile sounds appealing. I just want it to happen as quickly as possible with the least amount of pain and nobody to notice (haha)
okay a couple of more questions: how much are fast braces?
I know I mentioned no Invisalign, but if I change my mind, do you consider Invisalign a good treatment for overbites?

I do not think invisilign deals with overbites at all. Six moth smiles does and can be achieved shortly. The cost is between $3and 4,000 .

hope that helps

it helps! thank you

Great, glad I helped!