Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My crown fell out with the post in it. The crown is intact.

Customer Question
My crown fell out with...
My crown fell out with the post in it. The crown is intact. What is a temp solution until I return from my trip?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Dental
4/21/2012
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 5 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Welcome to Justanswer.I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.If you can clean out the existing cement in the crown..there are some temporary dental cements in most drug stores that you can use to put the crown back in.If you feel that after cementing it..it is loose...it is probably better to just keep it out until you return to , or you can find a dentist.The tooth has been root canalled so there is no real likelihood of infection.Just keep the area clean.Again it is better not to swallow it with the post sticking out..it can cause problems in the digestive tract if swallowed accidentally.If you have any other questions please ask.
The post is at an angle on the back molar, so it is hard to find the hole to insert the post. Is there a easy way to insert the post in the tooth or should I just wait. The area is sensitive when trying to insert the tooth.
If it is sensitive..it is possible that there could be a root fracture..You are probably better off just leaving it alone..just keep the area clean.
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)