Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My front tooth is pushed forward out of line with the rest I

Customer Question
am 48years old what is...
My front tooth is pushed forward out of line with the rest I am 48years old what is the best way to fix this
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Dental
2/21/2012
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 5 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
It will depend on how far out of alignment it is and what is causing it.It could be that the opposing tooth on the lower is hitting that tooth abnormaly and keeping it in a malopposed state. If it just came in malopposed..orthodontics is an option or sometimes just crowning the tooth can correct the problem by recontouring the porcelain to a more natural and aethetic contour.I would need to see it to evaluate it fully but those are some possibilities.If you have any other questions please ask ..if not click on accept answer
It has been moving out for many years I hit it with my knee when I was small pushing it forward and it continued moving until it was all the way out
Is the tooth loose?
No

Do you have missing teeth in your mouth or any spaces?

No this is the only one out of line
I would have to see it..but it seems like there is an opposing tooth that is hitting it and forcing it out of alignment..if this tooth were adjusted you may find that the movement will stop..then the tooth could either be moved back with orthodontics or crowned.
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)