Dr Aldrich
Dr Aldrich, Dentist
Experience:  General Dentist since 1999, in solo practice since 2000. Has Fellowship from Academy of General Dentistry.
54939999

My lower front teeth (about four) have been tingling for a

Customer Question

My lower front teeth (about four) have been tingling for a few days and l can't stop trying to suck and scratch the sensation away with my tongue. Its not painfull but annoying.
I have two chipped front lower teeth from childhood but they have never given me any trouble.
Not been for a check up for a few years and haven't had a filling for ten years.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Aldrich replied 6 years ago.

Sounds to me like you have worn down the enamel on these front teeth and now you're into the second layer of tooth structure known as dentin. Dentin has big pores in it that if exposed to air and water can tingle like pins and needles. My suggestion would be to go to a dentist and see if they need to seal the edges of these teeth with composite bonding. I don't think anything over the counter will help you at this point if he sensitive toothpaste is not working- that's only for mild wear. I think your wear is more severe and needs dental attention. You can get decay in these teeth if there's no enamel so don't put it off.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Its not just my chipped teeth (two) but an area covering four or five front lower teeth.
My mouth feels dry also.