Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a dental bridge that is just loose and moving around

Customer Question
on the anchor is there...
I have a dental bridge that is just loose and moving around on the anchor is there a temporary way to fix it because it is rubbing my gums raw and I cant get into a dentist for a month.  I already tried Temparin by DenTek with any luck.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Dental
5/14/2011
Dentist: Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist replied 6 years ago
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine
Welcome to JustAnswer, and thank you for putting your trust in me!

You will need to remove the bridge in its entirety in order to place sufficient cement inside the abutment crowns. However, the movement around one of the abutment teeth is most probably due to breakage or decay of that tooth, and a reliable bond may not be possible, because there may not be sufficient tooth structure remaining to hold the bridge in place.

If the bridge cannot be securely fastened to the teeth, it would be preferable to remove it completely and leave it out. This would avoid the gum irritation, and would eliminate the serious possibility of swallowing or aspirating the bridge.

This is an issue that is difficult if not impossible to self-treat, and you should consider seeking professional dental service sooner, if at all possible.

Good luck!
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist