Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a hard mass on my uppper gums. Is this anything to be

I have a hard mass...
I have a hard mass on my uppper gums. Is this anything to be worried about. I went to my dentist a month ago. He took an x-ray and we saw a dark spot above the gums on it above one tooth on the inside of the gum. He said to see him again about it in three more months when I have my regular cleaning appointment.
2/12/2011
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
DR. ALEX : Great question, let me help you.
DR. ALEX : This bump is an indication of an abcess. The dark spot on the x ray was also an indication of this abcess. You need to have this treated or else it can affect you systemically. The treatment is to be on antibiotics and to have a root canal. There is no need to wait 3 month until your next cleaning for this treatment. I recommend you call your dentist and tell him about the bump and ask him about the root canal treatment and antibiotics in order to resolve it sooner. It is not healthy to let something like this stay in your system for 3 more months. Please click accept. Thanks.
The dentist thought the dark spot on the x-ray was showing that the tooth was dying. Do you agree?
this is a sign that the tooth is dying. This is why the antibiotics and root canal is needed. The black spot is actually the abcess or infection. Please click accept. Thanks
Why is the tooth dying?
why is the tooth dying?
Teeth die due to trauma from a crack in the tooth or a deep filling, or from bacteria that invaded the nerve from a cavity or crack. Please Click Acceot. Thanks
Can it have anything to do with the fact that I take Actonel, a biophosphate, once a month for osteoporosis?
Can it have anything to do with the fat that I take atonel, a biophosphate, once a month for osteoporos. Is this necrosis of the naw? Isn't it dangerous to have dental surgery if on biophosphates? I have heard that it is.
Can it have anything to do with the fact the I take Actonel, a biophosphonate, once a month for osteoporosis? Is this necrosis of the jaw? Isn't i dangergerous to have dental surgery if on biophosphonated. I have heard that it is.
Please click accept, and I am more than happy to continue to answer your questions.
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
plese answer my last question
The tooth did not die due to this medication. However, if you have this tooth out, you will have a very difficult time healing due to this med. You need to consult with your doctor before having it removed, if y choose to do this.
What if I just have a root canal?
No effects from the med on root canals
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist