Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My crown fell out, can i glue it back in?

Customer Question
my crown fell out, can i glue it back in?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Dental
11/26/2010
Dentist: Dr. Alex, Dentist replied 6 years ago
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
DR. ALEX :

Great question, let me help you.

DR. ALEX :

Are you here?

Customer:

yes.

DR. ALEX :

So, is this your permanent or temporary crown?

Customer:

temporary, getting permanent on Monday at 8:30. There is a law that says this will happen in the middle of the night or on a holiday weekend.

DR. ALEX :

Yes, there actually is :)

Customer:

so what shall I do?

DR. ALEX :

Go to your local pharmacy or Wal Mart and purchase DenTemp

DR. ALEX :

This is a temporary adhesive

DR. ALEX :

Clean out your crown, and place the DenTemp inside it

DR. ALEX :

Be sure the crown is oriented correctly before applying the cement

Customer:

Do i just use according to directions and be careful/nervous the next few days?

DR. ALEX :

Then after you place the crown back on, bite down onto it

DR. ALEX :

You will be fine

DR. ALEX :

This happens quite often. Just be sure it is cemented back on correctly, and you will be fine

Customer:

Does the temp stuff expire, I have some from a couple years ago ( before I decided to get some things fixed more permanently.) It is in individual foil pack w/applicator.

DR. ALEX :

Yes, the do have an expiration

DR. ALEX :

Check your old pack to see if it is expired

DR. ALEX :

If it doesn't say, then it is up to you if you want to use it

DR. ALEX :

Anything else I can help you with?

Customer:

well thanks much. guess that is all.

DR. ALEX :

Please accept my answer.

DR. ALEX :

Have a good weekend

Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist