Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

How can i whiten my teeth? I have lost a lot of Enamel and

Customer Question
the Whitener Hurts when I...
How can i whiten my teeth? I have lost a lot of Enamel and the Whitener Hurts when I use it. I have only 6 bottom teeth in Front, back bottoms are implants. Top Dentures. Please no Test messages I don't do Test messaging
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dental
10/26/2010
Dentist: Dr. Alex, Dentist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Great question, let me help you. You should try using lower strength gels, like carbamide peroxide 10%. In addition to using this, get a potassium nitrate desensitizer to use immediately after whitening and you will notice significant relief. The potassium nitrate gel is KEY b/c it is used to desensitize sensitive enamel. In fact, you could use it before AND after whitening, if you want the lowest sensitivity. You need to ask your dentist about the lower strength gel and potassium nitrate gel as he can supply both to you. This is the best way to whiter teeth with minimal sensitivity. I hope this helps, please accept my answer if I've been helpful.
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex
Dr. Alex, Dentist