Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

How much should it cost to have periodontal work done on all

Customer Question
my teeth. My hygienist tells...
How much should it cost to have periodontal work done on all my teeth. My hygienist tells me I have some 5s and 6sLou
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dental
8/2/2010
Dentist: Dr. Cliff, Dentist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist
Thanks for using JustAnswer. Did they say what type of treatment you needed? Was it a deep cleaning with anesthesia? Let me know what type of treatment they are referring to. Dr.Cliff

Dr. Cliff,

My Hygienist is recommending that I find a periodontist and get the deep cleaninig (scale&root) with anesthesia in that office.

Lou

Thanks for the reply. I don't understand why she is not doing it if you have 5-6 mm pockets. I usually send out anything over 8 mm because surgery may be needed. Going to the periodontist is going to cost around $1200-$1500. Generally in general practice it will run around $800. I would suggest seeing if your dentist can do it in his office because 5-6 mm is not enough (I would say) for a referral to a periodontist. It might save you a little bit and get the same treatment. Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist

Dr. Cliff,

I will persue that route. Thanks,

Lou

Just tell them that you prefer to have the treatment done in his office. He should not try to run you off. Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist