Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Can an exposed nerve in one lower right molar tooth cause

deep pain in other molars...
Can an exposed nerve in one lower right molar tooth cause deep pain in other molars upper and lower, right and left? Is it possible for an exposed nerve under a cap to cause dull aching pain in its own location and these others - but not react to being tapped on by a dentists metal hammer?
7/28/2010
Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

Can an exposed nerve in one lower right molar tooth cause deep pain in other molars upper and lower, right and left?

Ans. No - The tooth with an exposed nerve cannot cause deep pain in other teeth.

Is it possible for an exposed nerve under a cap to cause dull aching pain in its own location and these others - but not react to being tapped on by a dentists metal hammer?

Ans No - In case of a pulp exposure, the tooth has positive tender on percussion.

The reason for dull aching pain many times on a crowned tooth, in absence of any nerve damage, could be due to pocket formation which is a pathological deepening of gingival sulcus. It is a periodontal disease ( disease of supporting structure of the tooth ).However, an accurate diagnosis could be made by radiographical examination.

For the time being, you could take warm saline rinses few times in a day.Keep optimum oral hygiene. Floss the concerned area after every meal.You could apply oral metronidazole gel ( in combination with chlorhexidine - 0.12% ) thrice daily for 3 days.

Note - The metronidazole gel has to be applied topically on the gums.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Kindly Accept the Solution,if 100% Satisfied from my response.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.

Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist
Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist