Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a tooth that I had a root canal on 3 years ago. now…

Customer Question
I have a tooth that...
I have a tooth that I had a root canal on 3 years ago. now my gum above the tooth is painful to the touch. the tooth doesn,t hurt just the gum .and and the tooth isn,t cracked. what could cause the pain
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dental
6/29/2010
Dentist: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

It sounds that you may have a dental abscess. You should see the dentist to have this checked. If you have trouble getting in to see the dentist in a timely manner then you may see a doctor to get started on antibiotics to treat the infection (I strongly suspect that you need this). You may also benefit from anti-inflammatory and pain medication.The definitive treatment and follow up of this problem needs to be through your dentist however.

I hope this information helps. Further questions are welcome if you have others. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank you and Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD