Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had all my teeth pulled in 2007Since April 1st I have had…

Customer Question
I had all my teeth...
I had all my teeth pulled in 2007Since April 1st I have had intense horrefic pain in my upper right gum right side (in 2007 I had tooth pulled it got infected I had to go on iv pump since the infection went to blood stream) I then was advised to have all teeth pulled. I was told in Alaska it was cranial nerve #5 they put me on tegatrol since medical care is so bad in Ak I moved back to Seattle, I went to oral surgeon who did a procedure he drilled did laser and I have stitches that come out on Monday. I had a cat scan and went to a neurosurgon who said it isnt trigimanal neurolgia but the oral surgeon said that the pain went away when he did anthesia to that area. I am beside myself the pain is making it so that I cant think. Also the tegatrol is making me a basket case but since I have had two seizures I have to be careful about going off but the pain is so bad that I cant think I cant eat and I basically cannot function
thank you
***** *****
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/27/2010
Dentist: Dr. Cliff, Dentist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist
Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am sorry your are having such a time....I don't quite understand what you are asking. Could you please clarify what you are asking. Thanks Dr. Cliff
I am asking how to get rid of this God awful pain in my mouth I cant think I cant talk hardly at all I cant eat or sleep the pain is God awful and I dont know what is wrong or how to heal it
Thanks for the reply. If all your teeth are now gone, I believe you may be on the right track thinking this is a trigeminal nerve or branch of the facial nerve. I would suggest a visit to your neurologist. They would be able to do test to figure out which one is causing you the pain and then once figured out, be able to try and block this nerve to eliminate your pain. I really feel this the way you need to go in order to get relief....Dr. Cliff