Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Seven months ago, I had a "composite posterior two surface"

Customer Question
procedure done on tooth 11...
Seven months ago, I had a "composite posterior two surface" procedure done on tooth 11. Since then, I switched dentists. At my first appointment, the new dentist advised me that I needed a "one surface filling" on the same tooth.
Is it normal for a tooth to need two of these procedures in such a short span?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Dentist: Dr. Cliff, Dentist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist
Thanks for using JustAnswer. Sometimes small cavities do develop in short periods. So yes, a small cavity ma have formed. The other possibility is that your old dentist was concentrating on the two surface cavity and did not see the other spot on the tooth. Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist