Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I fell and hit my mouth now my teeth are sore how till they

Customer Question
I fell and hit my...
I fell and hit my mouth now my teeth are sore how long till they get better?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dental
6/20/2010
Dentist: Jasleen Bagga, Dentist replied 7 years ago
Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

The healing depends on the amount of damage to the tooth. In case, there is no damage to the tooth and only the impact of the force is there, it would go within a day or two with analgesic. However, in case if the outer layer of the tooth ( enamel ) is involved, the soreness would go if the filling is done.But, if the pulp is involved, RCT ( Root Canal Therapy ) is required.

I would suggest you to visit your dentist at the earliest as the further damage to the tooth and spread of active infection could be prevented.

Till the time you fix an appointment, you could take Amoxicillin 500 mg twice daily for 3 days and Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice daily for 3 days.You could go in for antimicrobial mouth rinses such as Betadine ( 1/1 ) or Chlorhexidine.If possible, get it checked in an emergency room.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Kindly Accept the Solution,if 100% Satisfied from my response.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.

Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist