Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a bridge installed aabout a year ago. I have felt pain…

Customer Question
I had a bridge installed...
I had a bridge installed aabout a year ago. I have felt pain and pressure since day 1. 6 months ago, 1 tooth broke off the bridge and I felt immediate relieve in that area. I have discussed this pain with my dentist since it started. She stated that there is no way that the pain is coming from the bridge and refuses to refund any money. She believes that I just do not like the way it looks, so she says that she will re-do it for an additional 3000.00. (I paid 7500.00). Now a few months later, the pain is worse and the bridge is loose and another dentist states the teeth are fractured under the bridge and that it has to come off and another bridge will be out of the question. How did those teeth get fractured and could it have happened becase the bridge was ill fitting? Should I gewt my money back? Lou Sheridan
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dental
6/15/2010
Dentist: Jasleen Bagga, Dentist replied 8 years ago
Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

It is usually not possible that the bridge would cause the fracture of the tooth.However, the pain could be due to ill fitted bridge or high point which have to be adjusted.In case, your new dentist suggest that the teeth are fractured, you could undergo RCT ( Root Canal Treatment ) for the same and get another bridge fixed.However, if the fracture is extensive, extraction of the tooth is the only treatment for relieving the pain.But, the possibility of extensive fracture is minimal in your case.It is quite a possibility that broken tooth had pulp tissue exposure while reduction for preparation of bridge and after it broken out, you got some relief.Another reason could be the pressure on the tooth because of high point or improper occlusion, however in that case the pain would still continue even after the removal of single tooth.

For exact diagnosis, proper oral examination and IOPAR ( dental x-ray ) is must. I would suggest you to take another opinion from a dentist.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Kindly Accept the Solution,if 100% Satisfied from my response.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.