Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Would you reccommend to someone that had very bad teeth to…

Customer Question
would you reccommend to someone...
would you reccommend to someone that had very bad teeth to spend a lot of money on veneers, or get them all taken out and get dentures? Approximately how much will each option cost? Approximately of course.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dental
6/11/2010
Dentist: Jasleen Bagga, Dentist replied 8 years ago
Jasleen Bagga
Jasleen Bagga, Dentist

Thanks for using ' Just Answer ' and i would be glad to assist you.

Veneers are usually indicated for aesthetic purpose for discolored / misshaped / slightly chipped / pitted surface etc and never as a substitute for filling.Veneers are not the solution for the decayed tooth.Even though you have lost few of your back teeth, it is always advisable to save the tooth,if possible.Your dentist would guide you whether a filling or RCT ( Root Canal Therapy ) is required for the same. Once the decayed or the problematic teeth are treated, for the other missing teeth, you could go in for partial dentures or fixed bridges,if possible.

The Cost of these would depend on many factors such as Country , Location, Complexity, Material used, Experience of Dentist and many other factors.

For Front Tooth - $400 - $700 ( One Canal )

For Back Molar - $700 -$1000

Typical Metal Filling would cost - $75 - $150 Per Filling

Composite Resin Filling would Cost - $150 - $200 Per Filling

Partial Removable Dentures - $1400 - $2800

The above data is only an estimation of the price and it could differ depending on the many factors.

Any Further Questions, Revert and i would be glad to Answer.

Kindly Accept the Solution,if 100% Satisfied from my response.

Bonuses would be Appreciated.