Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Can I use OTC temporary filling repair to fix a filling (I…

Can I use OTC temporary...
Can I use OTC temporary filling repair to fix a white filling (I still have the piece that fell off the tooth) on the front of my tooth?..It's indicated for regular "hole" fillings or loose crowns...If not, is it safe to use a small amount of superglue until I can get to my dentist
5/23/2010
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist
Hello and thanks for the question. You can definitely try to use the OTC filling material. It does not work real good for front teeth, but it is worth a try. Discard the broken piece. Do not use super glue. Not good for the mouth. If by chance you have an allergic reaction, you will be in a mess. Try the OTC filling. Best of Luck! Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist