Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Question is for Dentist only please: Dentist's device

Question is for Dentist only...
Question is for Dentist only please:
Dentist's device inserted into the patient's mouth that will display, by the device, onto a computer screen the measurements necessary to make false teeth
5/11/2010
Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist

Hello and Thanks for using JustAnswer.com. I can help you with your question. There is a machine available to dentist by Myotronics, Inc. This device is called the K7 system. It is a computer that measures the jaw relationships. This information can then be used to tell dentist where to set denture teeth in order to make a set of dentures. It basically allows a dentist to make the dentures where the muscles of the jaw are at their most relaxed state. It is used mostly by dentist that have been trained in Neuromuscular Dentistry. Not all dentist know about it so most don't use it. There may be other devices available, but this is the only one I know of that uses computers to determine the information. Best of Luck! Dr. Cliff

Dr. Cliff
Dr. Cliff, Dentist
The company is Myotronics, Inc. It is their K7 System. It is used commonly by dentist trained at the Las Vegas Dental Instiute...Dr. Cliff