How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bpkdds Your Own Question
bpkdds, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 136
Experience:  8 yrs private practice
Type Your Dental Question Here...
bpkdds is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a deep pocket on my back tooth. My dentist said it

Resolved Question:

I have a deep pocket on my back tooth.
My dentist said it will loosen and fall out eventually or I could spend $$$ to fix it.
It was sensitive and throbbing yesterday but Motrin seemed to help.
What should I do to fix this?
R Swanson
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  bpkdds replied 7 years ago.
Sounds like you have a periodontal problem. Your options include:
1) doing nothing- the problem will continue
2) treat the periodontal condition- depending on the amount of bone loss options may include scaling/root planing, bone grafting, placement of medication in the pocket, and/or gum surgery. Yes.....$$$.
3) extract the offending tooth. Yes.....$ but the replacement......$$$$
Good Luck
bpkdds and other Dental Specialists are ready to help you

Related Dental Questions