Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

The skin behind my two front teeth are bleeding when I

Customer Question
brush. Its like when I've...
The skin behind my two front teeth are bleeding when I brush. Its like when I've bitten into a piece of pizza with a hot piece of sausage on it and the skin swelled up. Usually when this has happened in the past the swelling would go away in a few days. I've tried to aviod brushing and also gargled with salt water. Still no help. It's been about a month now and does not seems to be getting much better. the swelling has increased a bit, but the bleeding is not as bad. It really doesn't hurt much, but is very annoing. and the bleeding does concern me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/12/2009
Dentist: Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist replied 8 years ago
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine
DearCustomer
Bleeding may be the result of a variety of different issues-- among them gum disease, a periodontal abscess, a vascular lesion such as a pyogenic granuloma, or chronic physical trauma from contact with the lower incisors if there is a deep anterior bite.
A proper means of management necessarily depends on identifying the cause. It is for this reason that you need to schedule a formal diagnostic session with your dentist. After the nature of the problem has been determined, the appropriate therapeutic course can then be determined.
Hope this helps...
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist