Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My right side of my jaw hurts really bad when i move it...it

Customer Question
is ok if i just...
my right side of my jaw hurts really bad when i move it...it is ok if i just sit there but to close my mouth all the way or open it, it hurts really bad...when i bite down it feels like the right side pushes out further than it normally does...what could be causing this and how is it treated?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dental
9/19/2009
Dentist: Dr. Girish, Dentist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Girish
Dr. Girish, Dentist
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What sex (are you) / (is the person you are asking about)?

-How old (are you) / (is the person you are asking about)?

-What (have you) / (has the person you are asking about) already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
i am female...23 yrs old and havent tried anything, it has happened before but normally goes away within a day but it has lasted 2 weeks now
thanks for the reply,

the most common cause of pain in the younger generation like yourself would be wisdom teeth problems

the other reasons could be TMJ problems,
http://www.tmj.org/basics.asp

I suggest you do not try any home remedies, please visit a dentist and get an x ray of your wisdom teeth,

the most common cause would be wisdom teeth problems

http://health.yahoo.com/oralcare-overview/wisdom-tooth-problems-topic-overview/healthwise--hw172027.html

please feel free to ask a follow question

Dr Girish
i have never had wisdom teeth...the pain is up closer by my ear...it kind of pops every now and then too...
hi,
that is is a sign of subluxation if you hear popping sounds

please do not open your mouth wide.,

there seems to be a problem with the Joint that opens and closes your mouth

you need to see an oral and maxillofacial surgeon who deals specifically with TMJ disorders to get treatment.

please do not take this issue lightly
http://www.tmjscale.com/tmj-glossary.html
Dr. Girish
Dr. Girish, Dentist
Dr. Girish
Dr. Girish
Dr. Girish, Dentist