How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Julian Chen Your Own Question
Julian Chen
Julian Chen, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 568
Experience:  Practicing General Dentist since 2002
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Julian Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My bridge is loose and I am on vacation what can I buy to

Resolved Question:

My bridge is loose and I am on vacation what can I buy to secure it until i get home
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Julian Chen replied 8 years ago.

I'm assuming you're here in the States. If so, then you can go to the local pharmacy (hopefully there might be a 24hr pharmacy) and look for a product called "DenTemp" or "Temparin". The product ranges from $5-$10. Follow the instructions carefully and lute the bridge and place it back in position as best as you can. This is only possible if your bridge is loose enough to be removed by hand. If not, the best thing would be to leave well enough alone and/or use the DenTemp when it finally comes loose.

However, the level of success achieved with DenTemp would depend on how much tooth structure is left for the bridge to hold on to. If you've somehow managed to snap off the underlying tooth structure down to the gum line, there is nothing that you (nor your dentist) can do to recement the bridge.


Jul***** *****, DDS
Julian Chen and other Dental Specialists are ready to help you