Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I didn't wear my retainer for 3 years now. 3 days ago I put

Customer Question
Hello, I didn't wear my retainer...

I didn't wear my retainer for 3 years now. 3 days ago I put it on before sleep. It hurt very much but I would like to wear it until my teeth shift into the same position as after taking of my braces. Is this ok and will it work?

Thanks.

Michael
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dental
Thank you the question has been answered great. Just one more thing I would like to ask. After the month my teeth have shifted back will I only need to wear the retainer at night?

Thank you.
Dentist: Dr. George McKee, Dentist replied 8 years ago
Dr. George McKee
thank you. My last question is whether it is enough to wear my retainer at night or should i wear it 24/7. Because the pain is very bad.
Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist