Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have receding gums really bad in front of my two lower

teeth. is there anything i...
i have receding gums really bad in front of my two lower teeth. is there anything i can do .it looks like my one tooth is completely exposed. i am embarrassed to go to the dentist over this. it has been 2 years since i went last. i am a 76 year old female in calif. if i do go to the dentist what can they do for this? thank you
4/4/2009
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

There is no reason to be embarrassed at all, the delay in getting a dentist to look at your teeth is hurting you.

Get an appointment with a periodontist. After making X rays, if the teeth can be salvaged, you might require gum surgery with bone graft placement.

Also, the cause for the receding gums needs to be found out and corrected.

If at all the periodontist feels that the concerned teeth have a guarded prognosis, then the option of getting them pulled is there, the decision to do rests with you.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
thank you. iam really scared, but thank you.
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist