How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Rao Your Own Question
Dr Rao
Dr Rao, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 409
Experience:  General Dentist , Private practice since past 6 years.........
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr Rao is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im 3 months Pregnant and have very bad toothache. I was in

Resolved Question:

Im 3 months Pregnant and have very bad toothache. I was in pain all last night and today and unable to eat much or do much.I went to the chemist and they gave me some pain killers which arent working much.I need to get it pulled out but cant afford $300 to get it pulled by the emergency dentist so I am going to have to wait till monday and try and find a dentist.Is there anyway i can relief the pain from home.I have tryed clove oil which works for like 5mins also salt in warm water and that makes it worse.Any other ideas? Also I read on the back of the a nurofen packet that pregnant woman should take them unless told to by a doctor.Was wondering how harmful are they for the baby because I was forced to take one today cause i was in so much pain.Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Rao replied 8 years ago.
lt;p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>You are probably having an infection with the tooth.This siyuation would require treatment.</p><p> </p><p>You need to visit a dentist as early as possible to get some kind of treatment.Dentists generally donot prefer extraction of teeth during the first 3 months of pregnancy.</p><p> </p><p>It is not safe to take certain medications during pregnancy,including Nurofen.</p><p> </p><p>You would require antibiotics to control the infection.It would be better if you could contact your dentist .Most of them have an emergency number at their office.</p><p> </p><p>Another alternative would be to contact your primary care physician or doctor.He could give you a prescription for antibiotics and pain killers.</p><p> </p><p>If none of these options are available ,you will have to visit the Emergency room ,for a prescription.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Warm salt water mouthrinses would be helpful.</p><p> </p><p>Application of Ice packs would give you temporary relief.</p><p> </p><p>Application of clove oil or toothache drops onto the cavity would give you temporary relief.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Please let me know if you need anything.......</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Dr Rao and 2 other Dental Specialists are ready to help you