How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. George McKee Your Own Question
Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 1396
Experience:  Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr. George McKee is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my teeth are in really bad shape as i have neglected for yrs.

Resolved Question:

my teeth are in really bad shape as i have neglected for yrs. due to finances,divorce and 4 children who are now grown. they are all broken off and some are infected at the gums. i still have no money but i do have medical and some dentsl insurance is ther anyway i could use both my medical and dental insurance to help cover my deductible
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. George McKee replied 8 years ago.

Dear ,


Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. Medical insurance usually does not pay for any dental treatment. However, if you need a significant number of teeth removed, and an oral surgeon is required, your medical might pick up some of that, especially if it needs to be done in a hospital.


In addition to getting both of your insurances to contribute to your dental costs, I am including a few resources for you to look into in order to further reduce your dental expenses.


Here are a few options you have in securing dental treatment for a discounted fee:


1. Call your local dental society and see if there are any programs, charitable organizations or foundations operating in your area that will do your work for a discounted fee. You can find the details of your local dental society by clicking here:


2. Consider having your work done at a dental school. The fees charged are much less than those charged by a private dentist. Here is a list with links of all the dental schools in the USA, hopefully there is one near you:


Outside of these options you can always look for an understanding local dentist that will help you out by working for a reduced fee. Ask your friends, family and colleagues which dentist they like and start by asking that dentist.


In addition, here is a website that lists dental offices that offer free and discounted clinics all across the country. Search for one in your area. Read each listing carefully as restrictions apply to some of the listed outlets.


I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.



Dr. George McKee and other Dental Specialists are ready to help you