Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Experience:  Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.
7707004

I have pain radiating in both sides of my mouth and back

I have pain radiating in both sides of my mouth and back into my jaw. Any idea what could be causing this. My teeth do not bother me.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Where does the pain seem to originate? Is the left and right component to your pain symmetrical? Does the pain go up both sides at the same time or one side and later another? Does anything seem to make the pain worse such as hot or cold things, biting down, eating sweet things, opening your mouth wide? Any information along these lines will help me.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

pain is symmetrical. i have been taking tersi foam for my face. could that be the problem?

Pain is constant. Hot or cold doesn't matter.

thank you.

Dear ,

Thanks for the additional information. Symmetrical pain is not of dental origin. This well could be a result of the medication you are taking. See:

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/tersi-foam-foam.html

Look down the page under side effects. On a more remote chance this could be of neurological origin and a consult from a neurologist might be in order.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you have any concerns regarding this issue that I have not addressed, please let me know and I will get back to you with more information.

Sincerely,

George McKee DDS